Huawei emerged as one of the top tech companies giving a tough time to the existing tech giants. Google and Apple. It was not too long that Huawei was tried to be killed in the business with sanctions and embargo by the United States. The sanctions lead to Google being disallowed to publish its apps and services in Huawei smartphone. Initially, google apps were already non-existent in the Huawei smartphones manufactured for use in China. As the Chinese government has banned all famous social networks, including Google apps and services in the country. Huawei was accused of stealing consumer data which is said to be just an allegation in order to eliminate the business stakes of the company from the global market. In this guide, we will talk about the latest and working method to install Google Apps on Huawei or Honor smartphones.
This guide is tested and proved to be working on Huawei P40 Pro and Mate Pad pro running on EMUI 10.
Install Google Apps on Huawei Running on EMUI 10
In this guide, we will use an application called Googlefier in order to install Google Apps on Huawei Phone running on EMUI 10 and prior. In the simplest way possible with instructions from beginning to end. we will also cater to the error messages that we come across the process.
It will allow you to use all the apps along with your Google account. You will be able to use Telegram, Snapchat, Google Maps, Chrome and YouTube etc.
The process is using an app called GoogleFier. This app uses LZplay app in the process. All the process takes about 5-6 minutes in order to install all the google apps.
For the best experience, I would recommend you to use this process on a fresh device after a factory reset. The percentage of success is very high with a fresh device and when you don’t have any version of Google apps or play store or services currently installed on your phone.
Now follow the step to step guide below in order to install Google apps on Huawei or Honor Phone:
- First, use this tool and enter your model number to figure out if this tool will work on your Huawei device.
- Second, download Googlefier APK on your Huawei Phone.
- Now you have to tweak the setting of your Huawei phone in order to external apps on your phone.
- Go to the Security settings of your phone. Enable “Download from Unknown Sources” and DISABLE “Check App for External Sources”.
- If you cant find these options, just search for “Install” in the search bar. Open the settings of installation from external sources. Allow whichever browser you have used to download the Googlefier APK on your phone to “Install Apps from External Sources”.
- Now Locate Googlefier APK in your file and install it.
- Once you have installed the app, it will guide you through 5-6 steps in order to install google apps on your Huawei phone. The steps will include replacement of backup apps and installation of LZApp.
- Basically, you will have to follow all the steps mentioned on the screen. Also read all the instructions on the screen.
- Once you have followed all the steps. You will able to run all the apps that you would normally expect. You will have google play services also installed on your device running without any errors.
It might take a few attempts for you to be finally able to successfully install Google Play Store and apps on your Huawei phone using this method. Keep on trying.
Update 28.12.2020: If you want to save all the trouble mentioned above, you can install a virtual machine on your Huawei phone in order to download and run Google apps and the apps that are dependent upon Google services use this guide.
Question: Can I run it on my XYZ phone running on PQV firmware?
Answer: See the diagram below to get your answer.
If your phone requires a downgrade or you need to revert back to the previous version of firmware in order for this guide to work. You can use this guide, which has all the methods that can be used to downgrade firmware on Huawei phone.
Furthermore, if some apps are missing push notifications. Using this guide to can fix the missing notification problem on your Huawei phone.
I hope this guide helped you to install google apps on Huawei phone. If you have a question you can post in the comments or directly on the XDA forum which is the source of this guide.