In the world of automation and digital assistance. We move towards a new feature recently introduced with Google Assistant on Android phones. Although, it is been quite some time since this feature was promised, finally it’s here. Now you can enable the driving mode of Google Assistant on your Android phone. Which gives you a GPS and driver assistance experience integrated with the ability to make calls and texts. So taking over the job or traditional GPS systems and In-car entertainment systems.
The feature was first released for users in the USA. Finally, it is being deployed to Google Pixel users around the world. The Google Assistant Driving Mode is not specific to Pixel devices but to Android Devices. So if you have a phone with Android 9+. Soon you will have this feature on your phone. Back in the days, Voice-enabled systems were not that accurate. That made people give up on them. Now, the systems are getting better with progress in the field of Natural language processing and Machine learning in the field of semantic understanding of human speech.
Google Assistant Driving Mode Features:
So let’s talk about the features the Driving mode brings with it:
- First of all, you can give a voice command to start the Driving Mode. “Hey Google, let’s Drive”.
- Google Assistant’s driving mode has a personalised dashboard for your drive.
- It gives you navigation suggestions based on your Calender or Routine.
- You can check your missed calls and messages. Google Assistant can even read you the messages and you can reply to the messages via voice note, or it can also type a reply from your side.
- On the page, you will get to see top media suggestion. Along with your Music apps like Spotify and YouTube Music.
- As in the navigator, you can see the recent navigation searches and locations.
- Top contacts
- Media recommendations based on your preferences.
- Everything in the Driving mode assistant is voice-enabled.
- The Assistant will alert you by voice for incoming messages and calls.
Preview Google Assistant driving mode in Maps on your #Android phone, rolling out now in the U.S. Easily access what you need for your drive and quickly get things done all while keeping your focus on the road. Learn more: https://t.co/5wEvwlaJrj pic.twitter.com/ACZia4MSKO
— Android (@Android) January 11, 2021
Enable Driving Mode of Google Assistant on Pixel, Huawei, and Samsung Phone:
As I said, it was first released in the US and then iteratively released around the world. Following are the steps to check if it Driving mode of Google Assistant is rolled out on your Android phone.
- Open Google Maps on your Android device.
- Now, go to Settings -> Navigation Settings -> Google Assistant settings.
- If you have, this should lead you to a new panel for Driving Mode.
You can enable driving mode via voice command as well:
- For that open Google assistant by squishing your Pixel or calling out Hey Google.
- Now ask Google to “Open Assistant Settings“
- Now locate and tap on Transportation and enable Driving Mode of Google Assistant.
That is all from my side, if you have any questions or queries about the guide above. Drop them in the comments below. If you want to share your views about this new feature. We would love to listen to your rant or feedback.