Google Apps and Huawei phones have always had a complicated love story. Although, the Huawei phone come with all it takes to be the best in the world. Recently, there were sanctions and embargo places on Huawei to deal with American companies that include Google as well. Some say it is to kick Huawei out of the smartphone market, as Apple and Samsung are the smartphones giants for years. The rich guys don’t want another guy into their club to the market share with newcomers. Some say it is because of privacy concerns, and they are sceptical about Huawei collecting consumer data and that data is being used by the Chinese government. It resulted in the new Huawei phones without Google Play Store and Google apps. In this guide, we bring you a method to install Google Play Store and Google Apps on Huawei phones which is working on each and every Huawei phone.
How Gspace works to install Google Apps on Huawei?
A new app named Gspace is released on the Huawei app store that allows you to install Google Apps on Huawei. How Gspace works and why it works without any issue is not a mystery. It actually installs a container or you may call it a small virtual environment on your Huawei phone on the top of the original operating system. Which makes it effective even for the latest and high-end devices like Huawei P40 Pro.
Guide to install Play Store and Google Apps on Huawei via GSpace:
This method of Gspace to install Google Apps on Huawei works all good. On some features, there are some problems though. You might not get the notifications or they may be delayed. Sometimes, they would all come bursting when you open the Gspace app.
Now moving on to the guide:
- First of all, open App Gallery on Huawei Device.
- Search for Gspace. and Install it on your Huawei Phone. (If you can’t find the Gspace app in the Huawei App Gallery, download it from the link below on your phone.)
- Once installed, open it. Give it the required permissions for it to work on your phone.
- Now you will see all shortcuts to all the Google Apps, including Social media apps like Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok.
- Now click on any App. For example, YouTube or Gmail.
- When you tap on any App. It will open Google Play Store and you will have to log in to your Google Account in order to access Play Store.
- Once you are logged in. Now you can download YouTube on your Huawei Device.
Note: If you stuck at an app downloading, or your account is not logging in. Go back to Settings -> Apps -> GSpace. In there, force stop the Gspace app and clear its cache. Go back and carry on with what you were doing. If the apps are not working. Go to Google Play Store, and update Google Play Services.
Note: When you log in using Gspace on your Huawei device, you will get an email that you have logged into your account from a different device. That is because on your device a virtual device is running. So there is nothing to worry about.
- If you cant find the GSpace app on the App Gallery of Huawei. Download from here.
I hope the above guide worked to install Google Apps on Huawei Phone. If you also want to have Play Store in your Gspace. Use the guide below.
Now in order to install Google Play Store on Huawei Phone via Gspace:
In the previous versions of Gspace, Google Play Store was available with all the other apps in the Gspace app.
With the new version, Google Play Store is removed, probable because of Huawei rules or Sanctions that do not allow Google Apps on Chinese phones. We still have a method to install Google Play Store on Huawei phone.
- Open Google Search App, its shortcut is present with the rest of the apps in the Gspace app.
- Now you might have to log in to your Google Account if not done so already.
- Once logged in, you have to download the Google app, which is a search app.
- Once installed, open the Google Search app.
- Search for Google Play Store. and click on the app first link.
- Now the play store will open.
- The first thing that you should do in the Play Store is; Search for Google Play Services and update it to the latest version.
- Now you have Google Play Store and Google Play Services installed on your Huawei device.
Is Gspace Safe in terms of Data and Privacy?
Honestly, I wouldn’t say it’s safe for Banking apps as well as Google Pay etc. Yet, if you are only using it for social media apps, then it is safe to an extent. Of course, the app seems to be sketchy, as it is using cloud service to host the applications for you instead of running it on your device. So when you save your data, for example, you save a picture from Facebook. It will be also saved on Gspace cloud repository, where the app is running.
Everything is about Gspace is good, the only problem with the free version is that you have to watch an advertisement whenever you open a Google app. Once you buy the paid version then you don’t have to watch those ads whenever you open any app.
If you have any questions or confusion about the guide above, you can drop us a comment below. If there is something more to share that you have experienced while using Gspace to install Google Apps on your Huawei phone. Do share with us.