Samsung has just launched its latest lineup of phones. These include the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S21-5g and the Samsung S21-5G Ultra, this series of phones replace its predecessors, the Galaxy S20 and S20+. These phones are much more superior than the last-gen lineup of phones as they include 5G, a thing that is lacking in most phones. Now if you bought this superphone and its broken. Using this guide you can recover data from broken Samsung S21.
Samsung Galaxy S21 specifications
The S21 carries a 6.2″ Dynamic AMOLED screen. It weighs only 169 grams and is protected by Gorilla glass Victus near the front, which makes it scratch resistant and more resilient than other phones. It is covered by some simple plastic near the back and has an aluminium frame. This phone comes with the latest OS of Samsung, which is Android 11. Prior to Samsung’s last phones, this phone comes with 2 processors, both being octa-core, so that is what separates these phones from the rest.
This phone can come in two memory sizes, the number being 128Gb storage and 8Gb RAM and the other being 256Gb storage and 8Gb RAM, the RAM(random access memory) stays the same in both variants while the storage doubles in space. It has a 10MP selfie camera and a 12MP main camera, it can shoot up to a whopping 8k! and has auto HDR enabled in it. As far as features go, it has nothing out of the ordinary, fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, etc. As for colors, it comes in 4 variants which include: Phantom Gray, Phantom White, Phantom Violet and Phantom Pink.
Methods to Recover Data From Broken Samsung S21
We are going to present you with a few methods that can be used to recover data from Broken Samsung S21. In order for some of these to work, you must have backed up your phone at least once.
make sure to always back up your phone!
Method 1 via Samsung Smart Switch
(note, this method needs to be operated on a computer)
If you have a habit of backing up your phone, you will be happy to hear that all that work paid off, and if you haven’t backed up your phone then there is still a way to restore some data but it will require professional software for data recovery.
- Run Samsung Smart Switch on your computer.
- Apply the USB cable on your device.
- When it identifies the device, click the restore button.
- Click “select your data backup” and select the latest backup version you see.
- And at last, click the restore data button.
Congrats! You must now have restored your phone.
Method 2 to recover data from broken S21 via find my mobile:
So let’s say that your phone can’t be found or cannot be connected to a computer. Well, fear not as there is also a solution for that as well. You just have to use the find my mobile feature in order to recover data from broken S21.
- Go to Find my mobile.
- You have to make sure to have a Google account connected to your mobile phone.
- Now login to the Google Account and the Phone will connect to your device.
- You will be greeted with a screen like this ⬇
- Now go and click Backup.
- select the type of backup you want.
- Once that is done you can just go and repeat Method 1.
Guide to Recover Data From Broken Galaxy S21 without Backup:
If you didn’t make a backup of your phone and now your Galaxy S21 or S21 Ultra is broken. The display is broken but the phone is working underneath. There is still a method that can be used to access your data present on your phone.
One thing to know is if the screen of your Galaxy S21 is broken, yet the phone is working. You are unable to access the contents present on your phone as your phone is locked. As when you connect the phone to the Macbook or Windows PC. It is unable to access the data present on your phone.
In the guide below, you will be able to recover data from Broken Samsung S21 by unlocking it remotely:
- First of all, login to Samsung Find my Mobile as in the method above.
- Once you are logged in, you will have an option to unlock your phone remotely in Samsung online service.
- Once you have unlocked your Samsung Galaxy S21. Connect your phone with your computer using a data cable.
- Now you will be able to access all the data that is present on your S21.
- Once you have access to the data, just copy it to your PC.
Hopefully, this helped you out to recover data from the broken Samsung S21, if you have any questions or queries regarding the topic then please comment below or contact us via our socials.