If you’ve bought one of the new Huawei phones this year, you’ve probably been through this situation. You decide to install the apps that you had on your previous phone, just to find out that a really important one doesn’t work because of the missing Google Mobile Services. At this point, you decide to try all of the methods online to install GMS on Huawei. Just to find out that you were unlucky like me, and that none of them worked.
Today, I bring you a method that is guaranteed to work on any android phone including Huawei P40. You can also use this along with normal GMS, because it lets you have root access for example, without any modifications to the original OS.
Before we start, here’s a heads up on how this method works:
- This method consists of a virtual machine that you can install on your phone, it’s like having another phone inside your phone.
- This is different from other guides. Since this doesn’t really install GMS on the root of the OS. This means that you can remove it at any time. Unfortunately, you won’t get any notifications from the apps you install inside of it.
Let’s get straight to Install GMS on Huawei via VMOS to run Google apps and install Google Play Store:
- First, you need to go to the Settings of your phone. Click on Security. After you’ve done that, enable Download from Unknown Sources and disable Check App for External Sources. If you can’t find these settings you could always search for it in the search bar on the top of the main settings menu.
- After that, you should to go to the official VMOS website and download the app by clicking the VMOS Pro button. To have GMS you will need the Pro version, but don’t worry, it’s totally free.
- After downloading, click on the APK file to open it. If it asks you about accepting to install the app, you should click Accept or Allow for the app to install.
- After that, open the VMOS app that you just installed. You should now swipe left about 4 times to skip the introduction images and then click on the Enter VMOS Pro button on the bottom.
- It will now ask you for permissions, and you should accept all of them for it to work perfectly. If it asks you for permission to use the camera, microphone or location, you can, of course, refuse if you don’t plan to use those functions. You can always enable them in settings later.
Now you will be presented with the ROM install screen. At this step, you will need to install the ROM 7.1 64bit.
- Click on Add and wait for the installation to finish.
- After it finishes, you will be presented with a home screen. The Virtual Machine is now installed but you’re still not done yet. Now we need to get GMS enabled.
- Exit VMOS and clear all of its tasks. Open VMOS again, tap on the VM window 1 time, and then click on shutdown.
- After you’ve shut down the VM, you will need to click on the Settings Gear Icon on the top right of the window.
- Now all you need to do is click on the Google Services switch to enable it. Before exiting out of the menu, I suggest you scroll down and have a look at the other options. Here you can enable Root and Exposed (but you should keep them disabled for the best experience with GMS), you can also disable other features like the annoying floating ball and you can also choose if you want the VM to shut down automatically when closed or if you want to keep it always running in the background.
- You are done! Start the Virtual Machine and install your favourite apps!
I hope you found this guide helpful! VMOS is a really amazing app, because you can have up to 2 different virtual machines, and it lets you have Root and Xposed inside your phone without risking voiding warranties or damaging the device! If you have any doubts or need any help regarding how to install GMS on Huawei via VMOS to run Google apps or Install Google Play Store, please leave a comment and I will try my best to help you.