Be it unrooting your phone or getting back to stock firmware. Flashing firmware has always been the day saver. Just as other Android phones, Huawei also offers some methods and tools that can be used to install stock firmware on Huawei P40. In this guide, we will talk about it, in order to fix all the software problems of your phone.
The Huawei P40 comes in 5 colours, silver frost, deep seas blue, black, ice white and gold. It has an OLED display screen of 6’1 inches with FHD+ 2340 x1080 resolution. The phone is water and dist resistant. Running on EMUI 10.1 and powered by a Huawei Kirin 990 5G processor. The highlight of P40 is its cameras. It features a 50 MP ultra vision camera, along with a 16 MP ultra-wide-angle camera and an 8 MP telephoto camera. It cutting edge image stabilization technology. On the front for selfies, it has a 32 MP camera. The phone is powered by a 3800 mAh battery supported by Huawei supercharge. Note that supercharge only works with supercharger and its cable.
Install stock firmware on Huawei P40 Pro via HiSuite:
The easiest and convenient way to install stock firmware on Huawei phone is via HiSuite. It is an official software by Huawei that can be used for emergency software recovery. Considering the fact that flashing a stock firmware deletes all the data present in your phone. HiSuite is recommended as it allows you to make a backup of your data on your Windows PC or Macbook before you install stock firmware on Huawei P40.
- First of all, you need to download and install HiSuite on your Windows PC or Macbook.
- Once installed, connect your P40 with your PC via data cable.
- On your phone go to Settings and search for HDB and turn it on. Make sure your mode of communication is File Transfer or Photo Transfer.
- Now locate the option to Update on HiSuite.
- Now on your screen, you will see a message that you are using the latest official version.
- Under the message. You will see an option “Switch to Other Version” click on it.
- There you will see the previous versions of your EMUI version. Select and click on Restore.
- Finally, you will get a prompt that this operation will clear all the data present in your phone click on Continue.
- HiSuite will now download the specified firmware and flash it on your Huawei phone.
Install stock firmware on Huawei Phone via Sideloading from recovery menu:
In this method, we will download and move the firmware that you want to flash on your Huawei P40 on your phone SD card and use recover menu to flash it. This process is simple as we are installing a signed and official firmware on Huawei phone, we don’t need to unlock the bootloader. Just make sure the CSC version of firmware matches the CSC of your phone.
- Check your firmware version.
- Go to Settings -> System -> About Phone and check your EMUI version, Model number and Build number.
- Download the supported firmware according to your phone model.
- Make Backup of your phone. As installing the firmware will delete all the data present in your phone.
- For Huawei P40, you can find the firmware from here. The important information that you need to match is model e.g. ANA-NX9 and part of build number e.g. C432 or C185.
The important information that you need to know before downloading a firmware is the Model Number and Build Number, using this information you can select the appropriate firmware for your Huawei phone.
Guide to flash firmware on Huawei via Sideloading
- First of all, make sure your phone is charged.
- Download the appropriate firmware on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Extract and move the contents of “dload” folder to your phone’s USB/SD partition.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into the recovery menu.
- For the devices with keys. Press and hold volume up and power button till you are in recover menu. If your phone doesn’t have side keys, you can look up for the method on how to enter the recovery menu. It usually involves, plugging in the charging cable while the phone is off, and holding the volume up button until you see recovery menu.
- Once you are in the recovery menu. Select update mode.
- Now select update mode and tap on “Memory card / OTG update mode“.
- Now your phone will verify the firmware and flash it.
Once the firmware is flashed, your P40 will reboot into the new firmware.
- Also Checkout: Guide to install Google Apps on P40
I hope this guide helped you. The process to install stock firmware on Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Lite is the same as above. Just make sure you download the appropriate firmware matching the CSC number of your phone. If you have any questions or confusions. You can drop a comment below. You can also reach out to us using social media profiles or contact us email.