Huawei P40 and its other models P40 Lite and P40 Pro stand among the best smartphones of 2020. The standout feature or characteristic being the amazing camera and unavailability of Google apps due to sanctions on Huawei by the US government. The embargo has proven out to be the game-changer in sales of Huawei devices around the world. It is really important for people to know that they won’t be able to use Google apps on their Huawei phone before buying it. If you still decided to go for a Huawei P40 or P40 Pro and you somehow lost it or its stolen. In this guide, we will make you familiar with two services that can be used to access your phone remotely. Along with that you can also locate lost Huawei P40 or P40 Pro.
The P40 series is amazing in its performance and graphics. The phones are running on Kirin 990 5G chipset. For the graphics processing, there’s a Mali-G76 MC16 GPU. The optimised architecture is battery and time-efficient. Which makes a 3800 mAh battery good enough to achieve great and long-lasting performance. Security of your personal information and data can be really critical if your phone is lost or stolen. The P40 series offers face unlock along with in-screen fingerprint scanner. For the protection of sensitive data, “tap to pay”, contactless payment and authentications. The microkernel of Huawei smartphones has CC EAL 5+ rating. Which is the highest level of security certifications for smartphones.
Methods to Locate Lost Huawei P40 Remotely:
Losing a phone can be really troublesome. Especially as we save all our memories, pictures, notes, even credit/debit card information in it. It can be really critical for privacy to lose a personal smartphone. Also, phones are not cheap these days. That’s another setback one has to deal with. I have lost a phone once, as we spend so much time on our phones. losing a phone felt like a part of me is missing.
There are two methods that can be used to locate lost Huawei P40 without the use of any third-party app. Huawei Cloud and Google Find my Device. The first one is for Huawei smartphones with Huawei account. It would work if you have enabled this option from the settings of your phone. The latter one is for all the android devices and it works with the same account that you use to sign up on Google Play Store.
Track and locate lost Huawei P40 via Huawei Cloud:
If you have a Huawei account, you can use it to log in to your cloud on a PC or some other smartphone. The cloud will allow you to perform a number of actions on your lost P40 pro remotely. All you need is an internet connection and Huawei account on your lost phone.
In order to track and locate lost Huawei P40 using cloud services follow the steps below:
- First of all, navigate to Huawei cloud and log in using your account details. If you don’t remember your account password, you can reset it.
- Once you have logged in, you will come across all the actions that you can perform on your Huawei P40 phone remotely.
- There you have to click on the option “Find my Phone”. The cloud service will display the location of your phone on Maps. It will also show the battery percentage. If your phone is low on battery and about to die. The phone will send the last online location to the server which will be displayed to you on the map.
- Once you are close to your phone as shown on the map, you can make it ring at its highest volume using another service provided by Huawei cloud. You can also lock your phone and set a temporary password.
If you cant see the location of your phone on the map. There can be multiple reasons for that, either your phone is switched off. Which is mostly the case, when the phone is stolen by someone. Or your phone is not connected to the internet, or its location services are not enabled. If the phone is lost permanently, it is recommended to delete the data present in your phone using the cloud service.
If for some reason, Huawei cloud wasn’t beneficial in order to track and locate lost Huawei P40. You can move on to the next method, that uses Android builtin service in order to track lost Android phones.
Locate lost Huawei P40 Pro using Android Find my Device:
Android Find my device is a similar service as above. The only difference is that it is available for all Android smartphones. If your phone was without google play store, google apps and services. You might not be able to use this service to locate your lost P40. As it uses Google Location Services in order to locate the phone.
Android find my phone has similar features, it allows users to see the location of their Huawei phone on Google Maps. You can also make your phone ring at the maximum volume. Apart from that, you can delete all the data present on your phone remotely. You can also display a message on your phone remotely. So, if someone comes across your phone they can read the message and contact you.
In order to locate lost Huawei P40 via Android Find my device, follow the steps below:
- First of all, open Android Find my Device on your PC or on some other device connected with the internet.
- Log in using your Gmail account, the same account that you used to download apps on Google Play Store.
- Once logged in, you will the location of your phone on Google Maps. If your phone is not connected to the internet, you will see the last online location on the map.
If you are certain your phone is stolen and you won’t get it back. You can delete all the data present in your phone using this service.
That’s all from my side, I hope this guide helped you to track and locate lost Huawei P40. If you have any questions or queries, you can ask me in the comments or reach out to using our social media accounts.