There are a few things that you need to consider before buying the all-new and exquisite Huawei P40 Pro. It is the first phone to come under the restrictions of the USA. Due to the restrictions, it comes without Google Apps and Google Play Store. It is such a bummer, the politics should not be included in IT Business. Everyone should have a proper chance to compete in the market. This move will kill the business of Huawei all around the world. As everyone is so dependent on Google apps in their everyday life. An Android phone without Google Apps is not something you would want. In this guide, I will teach you how you can manually install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro Specs and Specifications:
The all-new Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ are exceptional in the terms of design, features and hardware specs. With an amazing edge to edge display, the highlight of the phone is its amazing set of cameras and 5G technology. The most powerful camera is of 50 MP Ultra vision, Wide Angle f/1.9 aperture. OIS), the second one is 140 MP Cine Camera, along with a is 12 MP super-sensing telephoto camera. The last one is a 3D depth Sensing Camera. It has Image stabilization and Zoom mode, which further has Optical zoom, Hybrid Zoom and Digital Zoom. The front camera is of 32 MP along with a depth camera for portraits. It has a 4200 mAh battery.
The processor is Huawei’s own Kirin 990 5G. Along with 8 GB of Ram and 256 GB of internal storage. It also has a slot for an external SD card. Huawei P40 Pro comes in 5 colors and it has a display screen of 6.58 inches. Along with all these features; the phone is Splash, Water and Dust resistant.
The software that is running on Huawei P40 Pro is EMUI 10 based on Android 10. Now moving to our problem and its solution, after the sanctions from the USA on Huawei, the American companies such as Google can not support Huawei in the software systems. It means that all the upcoming phones of Huawei will not have Google apps and will not support any app developed by google such as; Google Play Store, Google Assistant, Google Pay, YouTube, Google Maps, Photos, G-Drive, Google Docs and Google Translate.
Install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro via Google Play Store APK:
In this guide, we will download and install Google Play Store via its APK. Once you have it, you can go on and install all the apps you require. If you don’t want Google Play Store or the guide below does not work for Play store. You can use the same process below to install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro or P40 Pro+.
- First of all, you need to know about Architecture and DPI of your phone. So that you download the right APK file for your Huawei phone. You can use this guide to identify the Architecture of your phone. Sometimes, you can find a universal app that supports all operating systems above Android 4.
- Once you know about the DPI and Architecture of your phone.
- Head on to APKmirror and download the latest Google Play Store APK on your phone.
- If you find APK with noDPI and universal Architecture. It will work on any smartphone. If you find any such APK. Download it on your phone.
- Now go to the Security settings of your phone and enable “Download from Unknown Sources” and disable “Check App for External Sources”. If you cant find these options, just search for “Install” in the search bar and open the settings of installation from external sources. Allow google chrome or whichever browser you have used to download the Google Play Store APK on your phone to Install Apps from External Sources
- Now Just locate the Google Play Store APK in your downloads and install it on your P40 Pro.
If you are lucky enough, it would work on your phone and it will itself install Google Play Services and your phone will have Google Play Store to install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro. If just installing Play store via APK didn’t work. The Google Play store app will open and close itself with a white screen. Then you will have to use the solution below.
Update 23.08.2020: If you have managed to Install Google Apps but they are not Running?
If you have managed to install Google Apps on your Huawei P40 Pro. Still, the apps are not working on your phone. You open the app and they close with a white screen.
You might have to install GMS packages on your Huawei phone. It allows you to run all the apps that are dependent on Google Play Services like Fitbit and Snapchat. You can use this detailed guide on how to install GMS services on your Huawei phone to make the Google Apps work.
Install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro using Google Installer:
If your phone does not support Google services and framework, then the above guide won’t work for you. In that case, you will have to install the following Google Services and framework installer called as Google GMS installer.
- First of all, you need to download the Google Installer version 3 from here.
- Like I mentioned above; Make sure you have given the permissions. Enable “Download from Unknown Sources” and disable “Check Apps from External Sources“.
- Once it is installed locate and open Google Installer on your Huawei phone.
- Now the Google Installer will ask for permissions. 29 permissions on your phone to be precise.
- It will install all the necessary frameworks and files.
- Finally, it will install the google play store.
- Once it’s done, you should be able to locate the Google Play Store on your home.
- It will ask you to sign in using your Google Account details.
- If you are unable to Sign in. Restart your Huawei Device.
- Now using the Google Play Store. You can download and install all the Google Apps on your Huawei P40 running on EMUI 10. If you come across issues while some of Google Apps like Google Maps or YouTube. Just restart your phone.
I hope the above guide helped you to install Google Apps on Huawei P40 Pro. If you have any questions or queries, let me know in the comments. Once you have installed Google Play Store and Services, all your app that are dependent upon Play Services will also work, like Snapchat, YouTube, and your SmartWatch. Also, you can ask me urgent questions via Facebook. Share with us your experience of the amazing Huawei P40 Pro in the comments.