Its been a year since Samsung recently the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+. The Note series comes with cutting edge technology and features. Along with all these new features, it also carries a hefty price tag. In this guide, we will deal with all the possible solutions to retrieve or recover data from broken Note 10 or Note 10+.
The problem with recovering data while your phone is broken is that once the screen of your phone is dead. You can not unlock your phone. As the fingerprint is also embedded on the screen and the face unlock does not work once the phone is restarted. You won’t be able to access the data present in your phone even if you connect your phone to your PC via data cable. As, until or unless your phone is unlocked. You can not access the data present on your phone on your computer. So you need to unlock your phone in order to retrieve all the data, including pictures and videos from your phone before you send it for repair, warranty claim or replacement.
Guide on how to recover data from Broken Note 10:
I know the pain of breaking the phone, it feels like a part of your is missing. As these days, a smartphone serves as our diary, camera and textbook. All the notes, memories and pictures are stored in it in the form of pictures, videos or texts. Losing your phone or breaking it can cause a lot of internal pain. Which I have been through. Now, let us move on to the guide which will allow us to recover data from broken Note 10.
Remember, this guide will only work if your phone motherboard is working properly. For example, it turns on. You can hear it in the background that it is on but you can not see anything on the screen. As the screen is broken. If the phone is totally broken, it does not even turn on. Then all hope is lost, at least this method won’t work.
Samsung has a service that lets you access your phone remotely. It is called Samsung Find my mobile, it shows you the current location of your phone on the maps. It also has a lot of features that can be applied on your phone remotely, without having access to the phone. One of the features allows you to unlock your phone. Once your phone is unlocked, you can recover all the data present in it by connecting it with your computer and copying it to a safe place. Once you have recovered all the data, you can send your Note 10 for replacement.
Tip: If you were using Google Photos on your Note 10 instead of Samsung Photo Gallery. You can access all your pictures and videos on Google Photos Website.
Now let’s move on to the guide on how to recover data from broken Note 10 using Samsung Find my Mobile:
- First of all, make sure your computer has the necessary drivers to recognise S10. Also, you have the data cable to connect your phone to your computer.
- Now, use your Samsung account to log in to Samsung Find my Mobile.
- Once you have logged in. You will see the live location of your phone and all the features that can be applied remotely on your Note 10.
- From all those options, select Unlock.
- Once your Note 10 is unlocked. You can connect it to your computer and access all the data present in it.
- You can also recover the pictures and videos of Whatsapp from Whatsapp folder in the file directory of your Note 10.
Once you have recovered all the data from your phone, and before you can send it for replacement or get a new screen or claim the warranty. Make sure you delete all the data present on your Note 10 using the “Erase Data” option on Samsung Find my Mobile. So that no one can access the data present on your phone after replacing the screen.
Recover Notes and Contacts from Broken Note 10:
If you are using your Gmail account on your Note 10 or Note 10+. Chances are all your contacts and notes are synced with your Google Drive, Google Contacts and Notes. You can easily access them by going to their respective websites. Note that, this will only happen if your phone was synced with your Google account.
- In order to find your contacts. Log in using your email address on Google Contacts.
- Furthermore, make sure to use the same email address that you used to Sign up on your phone the very first time. The same email that you use to download apps from the Google Play Store.
- If you made the notes in the app named as Google Keep. It has a yellow icon. You can access your notes on its website. Just log in using your Gmail account.
I hope this guide helped you to recover data from broken Note 10 including notes and contacts. If you have any questions, you can drop a comment below or contact me on Facebook. Got any other tricks that can be used to retrieve data from broken Note 10? Share with us.