Huawei has recently released the all-new EMUI 10 for its devices. EMUI 10 is based on the latest Android 10. Although, Huawei has totally revamped the look and feel of its operating system. This has lead to a little inclination towards the stock EMUI 10. Huawei has adopted a minimalistic approach in their new OS. Which is pretty satisfying. From the first day of its advent, EMUI of Chinese firmware has problems with the integration of Google apps and services. In this guide, we will guide you on how to install the Google play store on EMUI 10 running Huawei devices that you either bought from China or you brought from there while you were or on tour or something.
After the sanctions and embargo of Huawei from the Government, things are really critical for Huawei. The company is being banned in the US-based on the allegations of stealing user data. This all has lead to a massive effect on the Huawei consumer market. No Google apps on the Android operating system. Just don’t really go well. Android users are so much dependent upon Google apps for their day to day tasks. Imagining an Android phone without Google is really hard.
Google and China. What both can’t go together?
Google and Chinese companies don’t get along from day one. It is more like China get not want to get along with the western tech giants. They don’t want to adopt western social media platforms or services. They prefer to use their own software and tools. It is better in terms of a country economic growth. As if you use foreign services or software all the cash generated from those services flow out of the country. This is one of the reason.
The other reason is privacy issues. Social media services gather user data and this data is very valuable for multinational organisations. Data of millions of users suggest patterns that can be used to make important decisions for the companies. For example, marketing decisions on who to target and where to target.
So, China has banned the use of all western social media applications like Facebook, Whatsapp, YouTube, Telegram, Twitter and all Google Apps. They have their own social media networks like WeChat and Line. The firmware is developed in a way that, it does not support Google services or other social media apps. So, if you have bought a Huawei phone in China or you bought it from some Chinese website or you got it as a gift from China. Chances are it won’t have Google Play Store and Google Apps.
The easiest way to install Google Play Store on EMUI 10 Huawei Devices:
First and foremost, we will talk about the most painless way to install Google Play Store on EMUI 10 running devices like Huawei P30 and P30 Pro. All you have to do is to download the latest Google Play Store APK according to your phone and install it on your phone.
Following is the step to step guide on how to install Google Play Store on EMUI 10:
- First of all, you need to know about Architecture and DPI on your phone. So that you download the right APK file for your Huawei phone. You can use this guide to identify the Architecture of your phone.
- Once you know about the DPI and Architecture of your phone.
- Use this guide to download the latest Google Play Store APK on your phone.
- If you find APK with noDPI and universal Architecture. It will work on any smartphone. If you find any such APK. Download it on your phone.
- Before installing, you need to make sure that you have enabled “Download from Unknown Sources” and disabled “Check Apps from External Sources“. As in the screenshot below.
- Now you have to locate the downloaded APK of Google Play Store and install it on your Huawei phone.
If you are lucky enough. It will work and ask for your email and details and then you can download and install all the Google apps on your Huawei phone running on EMUI 10.
If this method does not work for you. You will have to install Google Play Store on EMUI 10 using Google Installer. Which I have explained in the guide below.
Install Google Play Store on EMUI 10 using Google Installer:
Some firmware of Chinese Huawei phone does not support Google Apps and services. So, just installing the APK might not work for you. You will have to use Google Installer to get the job done. A friend of mine has tested this method and it works on Mate 30 and Honor 9X. It is also supposed to work on all the other smartphones running EMUI 10 or EMUI 9.
- First of all, you need to download the Google Installer version 3 from here.
- Make sure you have given the permissions. Like I mentioned above make sure you have enabled “Download from Unknown Sources” and disabled “Check Apps from External Sources“. (If you have the latest smartphone like P40 you might have to enable give permission to the browser in order for it to install external files)
- Once it is installed locate and open Google Installer on your Huawei phone.
- Now the Google Installer will ask for permissions. 29 permissions on your phone to be precise.
- It will install all the necessary frameworks and files.
- Finally, it will install the google play store.
- Once it’s done, you should be able to locate the Google Play Store on your home.
- It will ask you to sign in using your Google Account details.
- If you are unable to Sign in. Restart your Huawei Device.
- Now using the Google Play Store. You can download and install all the Google Apps on your Huawei phone running on EMUI 10. If you come across issues while some of Google Apps like Google Maps or YouTube. Just restart your phone.
This guide will allow you to install all the Google Apps on the EMUI 10 Huawei phone. You can even use Google Pay once you are done with all the process.
Furthermore, if you are unable to make this guide work. Or these methods do not work on your Huawei phone running on EMUI 10. you can use either the VMOS method or GSpace Method to install a virtual environment on your Huawei phone to install Google Play Store in order to download run Android apps and Google services on your phone.
I hope this guide worked for you and you managed to install Google Play Store on EMUI 10 running Huawei devices. If you do have any issues. You can drop a comment below or contact me on Facebook. You can also write to us using the contact us an Email address.