I can feel your pain considering you are here because of the inability to run Google Apps and services on your Android phone. China has really strict policies regarding data sharing that why Google Apps and Google services are banned in China. Along with that, major social networking apps like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are also blocked in China. There are people who use them anyway. Well coming back to the point. If your phone is from China or you are in China. Most probably, you will not be able to access the Google play store and services because of the censorship. Along with that, you won’t be able to use any of your social media apps. So you can use this guide to install Core GMS packages on Huawei Chinese phones to run Google Apps and install Google Play store.
The problem of Chinese phones is that they don’t even work even if you have left the country. If you have a smartphone that you got from China or you bought a Chinese phone or someone got you one, like Huawei or Xiaomi phone. In most cases, the firmwares are designed in a way that they don’t run any Google Service or Apps. Googles apps are dependent on each other. There are many apps that won’t run without Google Play Services and Google Play services won’t run without Google Play store.
Install Core GMS Package on Chinese Phones to Run Google Apps:
For IT consumers, Internet censorship has proven out to be a huge problem. I have been dealing with a lot of people that are unable to run Google apps on their phone or they don’t have Google play store on their phone. Mostly, even if you install the Google Play Store and services APK from the web on your phone it won’t work. The reason behind it is that the Chinese firmware is developed in a way to avoid the functioning of Google services and apps.
There are a number of solutions around for installing the Google Apps and Play store on Chinese apps. Some work for few, and after sometime when a new firmware update is released it stops working.
Even if you somehow get the Google Apps. From time to time, you will come across different issues. Like if you have successfully installed Google play store on your Huawei Chinese phone. When you will try to open the app store it will give you an error “Install core GMS packages to use Google Play Store“. Other apps will require Google Play services to work. Even apps like Snapchat requires Google Play services to work on your Android phone.
Considering you are here to Install Core GMS Packages on Huawei phone. I presume you already have installed Google Play Store and Google Play Services on your phone Because these are pre-requisites.
- If you don’t have the Google Play store on your phone. You can see this elaborate guide on how to install google play store on Chinese phones.
- For identifying the correct Google Play Services and installing them you will need this guide.
Once you have google play store and Google play services on your phone in order for them to work you will have to install core GMS packages on Huawei Chinese phone:
The process is quite simple and I have explained it in the few steps below:
- Download the GMS packages for Huawei phone from here.
- Once you have downloaded the Google Installer. You will have to make some changes in the settings in order to install it.
- You have to go to Settings -> Security & Privacy.
- Enable “Download Apps from Unknown Sources”.
- Disable “Check Apps from External Sources”. This option is only present in the EMUI 9 and EMUI 10. If you can’t find this option in your settings menu it is okay. Proceed further.
- Now unzip it and install it on your phone.
- Once installed it might ask you to update your google play store. Or your phone will do that automatically. Let it install the updates of Google Phones. If you are living in China you will need a VPN to update your Google Apps. Even after you install core GMS packages on Huawei phone. You will come across some warnings while using some apps like YouTube and Snapchat. You have to keep your Google Play Store and Services updated from time to time. Read about how to use VPN and update Google apps from this guide.
I hope this guide helped you to install core GMS Packages on your Chinese Huawei phone. If you are still having issues. You can go through the updates below. Which are updated regularly whenever a new update is released.
Other Updates That might Help You to Install Core GMS Packages on Huawei Chinese Phone
Update: 02.10.2019: A new version of GMS installer is released that is said to work on Chinese devices running on EMUI 9. You can use this guide in order to install Google Play Store on your phone.
Update 09.10.2019: If you are running the latest operating system of Huawei, EMUI 10. You will have to install the Google Installer version 3. That is said to work on Huawei P30, P30 Pro, Mate 30 and Honor 9X. You can use this guide in order to install them on your Huawei Phone running on EMUI 10.
Update 11.02.2019: If you are using new models of Huawei phones, for example, Honor 10, Honor 8X then you will have to install GMSanzhuangqi. The process is the same as above, just install the APK from here.
Update 23.03.2020: If you are using Huawei P40 Pro, it comes without any Google apps or Google play services. Even the apps that are dependent upon Google Services like Maps API and location services. You can use this guide to install GMS on Huawei P40 Pro. It will allow you to use Google Apps on P40 Pro or P40 Lite.
Hopefully, the guide above or any of the methods helped you to install Google Play Store and Google Apps on your Chinese Huawei phone.
Furthermore, you will be able to use most of the Google Apps on your phone. There might be some limitations but you will be able to use the Google Play Store and download any app that you want from the app store.
That is all. Once you are done with the above process. You will be able to run Google play store, play services, and apps on your Huawei phone. If you have any questions or queries regarding how to install core GMS Packages on Huawei, Xiaomi or any other Chinese phone. Feel free to ask me in the comments. You can also contact me on Facebook.