Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the best iterations of the Galaxy series. It is without any doubt the best-looking smartphone. It comes with 64GB internal storage, but if you want to save pictures on SD card in Galaxy S8, S8+ or Note 8. You will have to tweak the settings a little bit.
Galaxy S8 was released a few months back. It has Super AMOLED curved display covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It comes with 5.8 inches of screen. S8 and S8+ are running on the latest Android version that is Nougat. There are two versions, one is powered by a Snapdragon 835. This version is present in USA and China. Another version is present in the rest of the countries. it is running on Samsung’s own Exynos 8895. Galaxy S8 also supports microSD card with a capacity of 256 GB. The processing is supported by 4 GB RAM. The front camera is of 8 megapixels whereas, the back camera is of 12 Megapixels.
How to Save Pictures on SD card in Galaxy S8 or Note 8:
If you don’t want the pictures and videos to fill up the internal storage of your phone. You can save pictures in SD card in Galaxy S8 using the guide below. It is easy, the problem for most of the people is that they can’t locate from where to change this setting.
Also Checkout: Features Present in Galaxy S8 but not present on iPhone.
Follow the steps below to save pictures on SD card in Galaxy S8 or Note 8:
- First of all open Camera App on your phone.
- Now tap on the gear icon present at the top right corner of your phone screen.
- Settings will open. In the settings menu locate “Location” and tap on it.
- In this menu, you will see two options. Select “Memory Card“.
From now on, the pictures will be saved in your memory card instead of the internal storage of your phone. That’s all on how to save pictures on SD card in Galaxy S8 to keep your internal storage free of all the new pictures and videos.
Save Pictures from Whatsapp directly into SD card in Galaxy S8 or S8+ or Note 8:
Although there isn’t any way to save the WhatsApp incoming data directly into SD card of your phone. There is a workaround for that, but it is a manual process.
- You have to get into the internal storage of your phone. (If you don’t have a file manager on your phone. In your App drawer, locate and open downloads app. There you will have an option to switch to the Internal memory of your phone)
- Locate and Open the Whatsapp folder in the internal memory of your phone.
- In that folder, open Media. There will be multiple folders names as WhatsApp Images, Whatsapp Videos and all.
- Move the whole folders as they are to SD card of your phone.
- Another option is to individually move the pictures or videos.
- Once you have moved the pictures elsewhere, for example in your SD card. You will not be able to open those pictures or videos through Whatsapp. You will get an error that this media is not present on your phone.
Extras and Conclusion:
If you want the best quality pictures from your Galaxy S8, you can get them in RAW format. These pictures are not compressed into JPEG. RAW pictures require much more space but they are of better quality. You can enable RAW pictures by going int settings and selecting the RAW format in the Picture size menu. Activate RAW pictures by using the slider in the settings.
If you have any issue or query regarding how to save pictures, videos, and all the other data from Whatsapp to SD card of Galaxy S8, S8+ or Note 8. Or you have any confusion regarding the guide above, feel free to ask me in the comments. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. This is a general guide that can be used for any smartphone of Samsung galaxy or note series.