Nexus 6P is the last phone of Google’s Nexus series. Even years after its release, Google still sends monthly security updates to the phone. Just this month, Nexus 6P has got Android 8.1 security patch. It seems to be the last ever update that Nexus 6P will get. Considering, Google has released 3 of its successors in the form of Pixel series. It is affordable and has everything it takes to be one of the best smartphone. While trying to flash custom ROM or tweaking you might end up soft bricking your Nexus 6P. Soft bricked Nexus 6P will be stuck at the startup and the phone won’t pass the animation. In the following guide, we will fix Nexus 6P Bootloop if it’s stuck at startup.
We are moving into 2018 and I am still using Nexus 6P and I am quite contented with it. I have been using it from a while so I know it inside out.
Nexus 6P comes with 3 GB of RAM. It is running on Snapdragon 810 supported by Adreno 430 GPU. It has really great camera result from both cameras. The front camera is of 8 Megapixel whereas, the back camera is of 13 Megapixel. The phone is equipped with a 3450 mAh battery which gives great battery timing.
Fix Nexus 6P Bootloop Stuck at Startup by flashing stock firmware:
In the following guide, I will provide you with step to step details on how to fix Nexus 6P bootloop by installing stock firmware using a tool. Installing firmware on Nexus 6P using this tool is really easy. This tool is developed by the recognised developer of XDA named as WugFresh. So you don’t have to worry.
- Make sure your phone is charged to about 50%.
- Install WugFresh Nexus Toolkit from here.
Download the tool and install it on your Windows PC. This tool also allows you to make backup of your Nexus 6P. See this guide on how to make NANDROID backup here.
Update: If the does guide does not help to fix Nexus 6P Bootloop. Use this guide. It is from a recognised developer at XDA-Forums.
Proceed to the guide on how to fix Nexus 6P bootloop by flashing stock firmware:
- Connect your phone to your laptop via USB cable and open the Nexus ToolKit.
- Open the tool. the software will check whether all the dependencies up to date. If yes, then the main screen will appear if not, then the missing dependencies will be downloaded.
- Now, select your device and the current android version your device is running and then just hit apply. Or let the tool do it, connect your phone to your PC and click on Auto Detect Device + Build.
Now the software will download TWRP and SuperSU for your phone. It is not really necessary when you don’t want to root your phone you just want to fix Nexus 6P bootloop.
- Once the software gets to the main screen. Click on “Full Driver Installation Guide“.
- If you never installed the drivers of your Nexus phone on your Windows PC. Proceed directly to step 3 mentioned on the subheading of the tool.
- Click on “Google Drivers“. Install it on your PC. These drivers are required if your Windows PC isn’t recognising your Nexus 6P.
- Once the drivers are installed. Go to “Main Menu” and select status “Soft Bricked/ Bootloop“.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions, that will ask you to first put your phone in bootloader mode.
- If you already have downloaded the firmware for your Nexus 6P. Use the tool to locate and select it. Otherwise, the tool can get the job done, by finding the most appropriate firmware for you.
- If you don’t want to lose the data present in your phone, select “No Wipe Mode“.
- After the download is finished the flashing of stock firmware to fix Nexus 6P bootloop will start.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions and your phone will be good to go.
That’s all on how to fix Nexus 6P bootloop by flashing stock firmware using a really easy and reliable tool. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to ask me in the comments. If even after successfully installing the stock firmware, your phone doesn’t work and your Nexus 6P bootloop is still there. Then there might be a hardware issue.