Losing your personal smartphone is no less than a catastrophe. Especially in this era, when smartphones are not just used for calls, they have taken place of every other machine that intends to assist people. Along with that, smartphones are very personal. They have your each and every memory is stored in phones in the form of texts, notes or pictures. If somehow you lost your phone or it is misplaced. You are looking for ways to track it. We will put light on a built-in service of Android that allows users to locate lost Xperia and display its location on Maps. There are a number of other features that can be applied on lost Xperia phone remotely.
Sony Xperia series now stand with the top smartphones on the global market. Sony is renowned for making top quality appliances. Before Samsung and Apple, Sony used to rule the world of phones with their Ericsson series. They were one of the pioneers of manufacturing a phone equipped with a music player and camera. With time, Sony didn’t bring innovations in their phones to match the other companies. Now, Sony is giving its best to stand next to the giants of the phone market.
Locate Lost Xperia Remotely if it is Stolen or misplaced:
In each Android phone, you can use a service named as Android device manager to remotely access your phone and perform a number of features. This service was introduced to make way for the users to their lost phones. Using this service you can access your phone’s location and track it down. There are a number of features that can be accessed remotely along with some limitations with I will discuss below:
- Ring: If your phone is on silent. You can’t find it anywhere, although you are sure it’s somewhere around. You can use this feature to make your phone ring at maximum volume for some time.
- Locate: This feature allows you to track the location of your Xperia phone on Google maps. It displays current location of you phone on maps. Using it you can make your way to your phone location. If you lost it at a club or office.
- Lock: If you lost your phone or you misplaced it. You are scared that someone will get hands on it and see your personal data. You can use this feature to put a lock on your phone and display a message on the screen. It is a good feature, as you can make your phone display a note that “This phone is lost, contact this number if you find it“. This is one of the most efficient ways to locate lost Xperia phone.
- Erase: If you have no hope of getting your phone back. This is the last option, use this feature to erase all the contents present in your phone. But remember it only deletes the data present in the internal storage of your phone, not the SDcard.
Note: This guide can be used to locate Sony Xperia Z series, Xperia E series, Xperia X and any other Xperia phone running on Android 4.4 and above.
Guide on how to locate Xperia Remotely:
Before we move forward, you should know that this method has its limitations, you can only locate Sony Xperia and see its location on Google maps. If it is connected to the internet and its location services are on.
Now let us move on to our guide on how to locate lost Xperia:
- First of all, you will have to go to Android Find my device website or download its app on any Android phone.
- Now you have to log-in using the same Gmail/Google account that was used to set up your Android phone. It is the same email address that you use on Google play store to download and purchase apps.
- Once logged in, You will see a number of devices associated with that email. Click on your Sony Xperia phone.
- You will see the location of your phone on Google maps along with other features like erase, lock and ring.
If your phone is not connected to the internet and its not online. You can use the erase feature, it will delete all its contents whenever the phone will be turned on and connected to the internet.
I hope this guide was helpful to locate lost Xperia phone. If you have any concerns or confusion regarding the guide above. Use the comments to or contact us using the email in the footer. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Do give us feedback if you managed to get your phone back using the method mentioned above.