At times on Samsung Galaxy S7 one comes across a pretty common issue. Whenever one tries to download and install the latest OTA update. It gives an error “Galaxy S7 Software Update Failed“. Well, in this guide. We will talk about how to fix this error and successfully install the OTA update of Android Nougat on Galaxy S7.
This error is quite common in all of the Samsung Galaxy devices. I figured that out while looking for a solution myself. There are two types of errors which you get while installing the latest firmware on your S7. Sometimes it fails to install the update and reboots on its own. Other times it fails to download the update.
Fix Galaxy S7 Software update failed error:
These days when everyone is getting the Android Nougat update on their Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Many devices are prone to this error. There can be two major cause of this problem. Either your phone is unable to download the update or it can extract the downloaded package properly.
Lets first consider the potential reasons for this error:
- First of all, ensure that the internet connection is stable and consistent. Size of the software update file is very big, so you need to have a good and reliable internet connection.
- Make sure there is at least 3 GB free in your internal storage and your phone is charged to 70% or connected to the charger.
- You should perform a factory reset before installing a brand new software update. It saves you from force closes and unsatisfactory performance. Here is a guide to perform a complete backup before you factory reset.
Another potential solution of Galaxy S7 Software Update Failed is Wiping Cache Partition from recovery menu:
Remember that wiping cache partition does not delete any data from your phone. The cache is the temporary files stored on your phone that helps to loads apps faster. The cache is again collected and stored when you use the software, so don’t worry.
Following are the steps to wipe cache partition:
- Turn off your Galaxy S7.
- Press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power Button till you Android figure in the background.
- Now you will be in the Recovery menu of your S7.
- Now use your volume keys to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition.
- Use the power button to select the option.
- It might take some time to wipe cache partition of S7 Edge. You will get feedback on the bottom of the screen when it will be done. Don’t power off or restart your Galaxy S7 while cache partition is being wiped.
- Now select the option “Reboot System Now”.
Wiping cache will be good enough to get rid of Galaxy S7 software update failed error.
Install firmware from smart switch and get rid of Galaxy S7 Failed to update error forever:
You can also download and install the latest firmware on your phone via Smart Switch.
- Download Smart Switch on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC. (If your phone is not recognized by your PC, use some other USB port to connect your phone to computer)
- Once connected and your phone is detected. You will find an option to install the latest firmware on your Galaxy S7.
If you are still unable to install the latest firmware, and you keep on getting Galaxy S7 Software Update Failed. You can manually install the latest Android Nougat on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge using this guide.
That’s all, if you have any questions or queries regarding the above guide on how to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update Failed. Let me know in the comments. If you know of some other solution to this problem. You can write to us in the comments.