OnePlus 3T recently got the Android Nougat update. If you upgrade it to nougat, while you have installed a custom recovery or previously you had custom ROM. And somehow you tripped the verity check. It will give dm verity verification failed error at the startup of OnePlus 3T and in the recovery menu.
If you ever had TWRP or any custom ROM and it tripped dm verity check. Then you will see this error on startup. Everything was working fine with me after the update but this error was very annoying. After looking into this matter. I came across a number of solutions. The easiest and working solution is the one stated below. You don’t have to flash anything in this solution. You just have to get into fastboot and enter two lines of code, which I will explain in the guide below.
Fix Dm verity verification failed error on OnePlus 3T or OnePlus 3:
Although, it is for OnePlus 3T. Still, t can be used to fix dm verity verification failed error of OnePlus 3 as well. After implementing the steps below the error will be gone.
If you have flashed custom recovery in past. You must have knowledge of ADB and fastboot. But I saw many people who didn’t know how to use ADB and fastboot commands. So I have explained everything in detail for the beginners as well. Even if you have any issue while implementing the solution below. Feel free to ask me in the comments.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3T:
- Goto Settings-> About Phone -> Software Info -> Locate Build number and tap on it for 7 times.
- Head back to settings and locate Developers Options -> Enable USB debugging.
- Make sure USB connection is set to File transfers.
- Download and Install OnePlus 3T drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool. Install it somewhere you can easily access on your computer. (It’s a great tool developed by the recognized developer of XDA. It has a number of features, we will be using it to enter fastboot commands)
Guide to fix dm verity verification failed error on OnePlus 3 and Oneplus 3T:
Make sure you have downloaded Minimal ADB and fastboot tool on your PC. and you have appropriate USB drivers installed on your PC.
- First of all, connect your OnePlus 3T to your PC using databcable.
- Open ADB minimal tool and enter the following command to check if the connection is working.
- This should show your phone model if the connection is working.
- Now get into fastboot using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you enter the above command. your screen will indicate you are in fastboot.
- Now check fast boot connection by entering the following command:
- It will display your phone model on the screen.
- The last step is to enter the following code to fix dm verity verification failed error:
fastboot oem disable_dm_verity fastboot oem enable_dm_verity
Now the annoying message will not appear on bootup and in the recovery menu.
Update March 17th, 2017: If you have updated your Oneplus 3T or Oneplus 3 to 4.0.3 above guide might won’t work for you. You will get the following error.
To solve the problem in version 4.0.3. Follow this guide.
It might look hard and difficult, but once you start and follow the steps as they are mentioned it is pretty easy to get done with all the process.
That’s all from my side, if you have any questions or confusion regarding the above guide on how to fix dm verity verification failed error on OnePlus 3T or OnePlus 3. Ask me in the comments. Do leave feedback in the comments if this guide helped you to fix the issue.