Locate lost Galaxy S7

It is always troublesome to lose your phone and not being able to find it. Sometimes, it is just around the house or office and you have to pull all the furniture to locate it. Sometimes, you forget it at some supermarket, gym or bar and you can’t remember where it is. Things get worse if it’s in silent mode. In this guide, I will guide you on some methods which can be used to locate lost Galaxy S7.

Using the below guide, you can see the location of your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on Google maps. Basically, you can track your S7 and perform a number of features on it remotely. For example, you can also lock it and wipe all of its data once you are sure that it got stolen and you don’t want others to have access to your personal data. It is a good thing to make sure your private information does not fall into wrong hands.

Guide on How to Locate Lost Galaxy S7 Edge:

There are two services which can be used to perform remote actions on your phone. You can use them to locate lost Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. One of them is Find my Device which is from Google. You can use it if you have signed in to your Galaxy S7 using your Google/Gmail account. Another service is of Samsung named as Find my Mobile. You can use this service if you ever logged into your Galaxy S7 using Samsung account.

Method 1 on how to locate lost Galaxy S7:

First, I will be covering all the features of Android Find my device, then I will guide you on how to locate lost Galaxy S7 using it. Android Find my Device is an online service which can be used in any browser you can also download its app on some other smartphone. Using it you can locate your Galaxy S7 Edge. If you’re sure that someone has stolen it and there is no chance of retrieving your phone. You can permanently lock it and wipe its data.

Using Android Find my device, you can also ring your Galaxy S7 even if it’s on silent. In any case, if your phone is silent and you know it is somewhere around home or office but you can’t locate it. Using this service you can ring your phone. It will make your phone ring for like five minutes at maximum volume and once you get hold of your phone, press the power button to make it stop ringing.

1. To start with, head over to Android Find My Device.
  2. A login screen will appear, enter your Google account credentials to log in to your account. The same Gmail account that you used to set up your Galaxy S7.
  3. Now you will see a map and name of your device like in the screenshot below.
  4. Using it you can either locate your phone on the map or you can wipe its data, lock it or you can make it ring at maximum volume

Locate lost Galaxy S7

Android device manager is also known as Android Find my device shows the location where your phone was last online along with the date and time it was there.

That’s it. If you didn’t have google account logged into your phone when it was lost. Move on to the next method that uses Samsung account to performs actions remotely in order to locate lost Galaxy S7 remotely.

Method 2 to ring or wipe or locate lost Galaxy S7:

In this method, we will use the Samsung Account in order to perform actions on your phone remotely. If you have lost your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you are sure it’s somewhere around but it is on silent, so it won’t ring when you call.

• Then, you can use the Ring my phone option. Your Galaxy S7 will ring at its highest volume even if it is on silent or vibration.
  • Using this method, you can see the location of your phone on Google map.
  • If you are sure the phone is gone and stolen. You can wipe all the personal data including pictures and contacts from it.
  • Samsung Find my Mobile also allows you to delete all your registered cards and payments methods along with details from your lost Galaxy S7.
  • You can also use this service to lock or unlock your S7 Edge.

So now let’s move on to how to use this service to Locate Lost S7 Edge:

1. First of all, go to Samsung Find my Mobile.
  2. Log in using your Samsung account credentials. If you don’t remember your email or password, use find email/password option. Which is present right below the sign-in button.
  3. Once you have signed in. You will see a number of operations you can perform on your S7 remotely.

Locate lost Galaxy S7

• If you want to see your phone on Google maps, just click on locate my device and it will show you the location of your Samsung Galaxy S7 where it was last online.
  • If there are no chances of getting back your phone and you have lost your hope to locate lost Galaxy S7. You can wipe the data present in it including your credit cards and payment details. Everything will be wiped.
  • You can also make it ring at its maximum volume if you know your phone is not stolen, it’s near somewhere. You don’t need to pull over your furniture. Using Ring my device you can make your S7 ring even if its silent.

locate lost Galaxy S7 remotely

Note: This process won’t delete the data present on the external SD card of your phone.

That’s it. If you have any issue or query regarding how to locate lost Galaxy S7. Let me know in the comments.

Also, give me feedback if you succeed to locate your lost S7. I know how frustrating it is to lose a phone. These days all our memories, important data. Almost everything is in smartphones including payment options. So, it is really necessary to have optimal security on your phone and keep it backed up on the cloud all the time. So even if you lose your smartphone you can access your data using the Samsung Cloud. Along with that if you have security on your phone like Passcode or security pattern, if anyone accesses your phone that person won’t be able to access all your private data present in your phone.

Notify of
guest

84 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Arlene Sage
Arlene Sage
4 years ago

How do I get the lock off my phone once I have found it?

stefanie dela cruz
stefanie dela cruz
3 years ago

is there any chance i can locate my phone without a samsung account ? i didnt set my samsung account yet. please, help me 🙁

Mike
Mike
3 years ago

Any one respond? I’m in the same situation

Tony
Tony
3 years ago

Hi I I just lost my phone I did everything u said but can’t get no last location either on Samsung or android lost phone pls help

Ahg Bullz
Ahg Bullz
4 years ago

My dad lost his S7 Edge and it’s on flight mode. Over to that, I don’t think we did any Android Device Manager setting when we got the phone. I know how to use Find My Mobile, but will it work? I had tried it when my Note 4 got lost, but I never got any results on where it was.
Hoping you can reply asap.

Zachary Howard
Zachary Howard
4 years ago

Is there anyway to find the location of an s7 that has a dead battery? lost my phone saturday and just now (monday afternoon) am reading this and my device location isn’t showing up and I’m assuming the battery is dead by now.

Lisa
Lisa
3 years ago

Will the lock work if the phone is dead when you do the lock? Will it lock it when its turned back on?

Mpho Nhlapo
Mpho Nhlapo
4 years ago

i’m South Africa,i lost my handset samsung S7 edge in Durban. will it be easier to track it with the IMEI number because the culprit is using a new simcard in it now. the last sim used in the phone when it was stolen is a Cell C simcard. please help where you can.

Bec
Bec
3 years ago

What if the phone has been wiped or perhaps formatted by another person do I still ve a chance of finding my stolen phone??

Jessica Gilson
Jessica Gilson
4 years ago

My phone was stolen and my so card removed. I’m not sure if my Samsung account is still logged on. Is there any other way of locating it.

silvia
silvia
4 years ago

Myn phone got stolen august 10th as soon as i found out it got stolen, I contacted my provider and blocked the phone. So when i did the android search it said last time online was august 7th. what can i do?

silvia
silvia
4 years ago

i lost my phone aug.10th and contacted my provider so i could get the phone blocked. now when i do th android finder it says last time used was aug.7th. what can i do now?

John
John
4 years ago

Hello, My S7 Edge was stolen 2 weeks ago. I already had a Gmail account registered to it, a Samsung account and I know its IMEI. Plus I had Avast Anti-theft installed on it. I tried to mark it as lost on Avast Anti-theft but it is not working since, before I tried it the thief switched it off. On Samsung find My Mobile I sent 3 commands: Lock my Device, Extend Battery Life and Retrieve Logs. I also sent a Lock command on Android Device Manager. Up to now I received no sign of the device. My question is:… Read more »

Bec
Bec
3 years ago

Is my service provider registered to my phone ? Wat if the person decides to use another service provider like another SIM card ?

Samantha
Samantha
4 years ago

Hello, my Galaxy S7 was stolen last night and I’ve made every attempt to locate it. Wondering if there is any way to remotely get data from it backed up so I dont lose everything I’ve done for the past 3 months. (I know you can wipe it remotely through the Android Device manager… so I’m hoping retrieving something is at least possible?) My service provider hasn’t been able to answer my questions so this is seemingly my last hope. Looking to get pictures, videos, and notes specifically… I hadn’t backed anything up before I lost it.

Yasmin Sab
Yasmin Sab
4 years ago

*** Thank you for your help Abdullah. My phone got stolen yesterday so I bought a new one today, same phone (s7). My old phone is turned off and I wanted to erase all the data it has through the Android device manager. So I logged out of my gmail account from my new phone however it says that as soon as my device is goes online it will perform the permanent reset- my question is will the data be deleted from my new phone (when I log in again from the new one) if I proceeded with erasing the… Read more »

Neecee
Neecee
4 years ago

if I know the phone is off however I put in the password to lock it. Once the person turns it on will it automatically lock it or do I have to keep pressing lock on the android device manager finder app thingy?

yuliana valdez
yuliana valdez
4 years ago

my phone dles not ring and it says its 14 meters away. What can i do to make it ring?

Jane
Jane
4 years ago

Hi . My Galaxy S7 just got stolen on Sunday ( October 9 ) . Is there any ways to locate our S7 if the person who pick it up had turned off the phone ? We really need it back asap .

Anonymous
Anonymous
4 years ago

Hi i order a phone but i guess ups left it outside and it was stolen is there anyway i can track it? It was never connected :/

James
James
4 years ago

What if my location is turned off, how am i to find it then?

willow
willow
4 years ago

lost my S7 on the 22 Sep,till now nothing availed,what if my Google account is by passed or my phone is flashed, re-sat etc,help please

layaan
layaan
4 years ago

i lost my samsung glalaxy s7 when i went swimming i turned my phone of when i put it in my bag and it got stolen what do i do

Jessica
Jessica
4 years ago

Hi i just lost my galaxy s7 edge and was wondering if I didnt have a lock on it and used this to create a password would it lock it automatically and not let them access the phone at all?

Bec
Bec
3 years ago

I can still passcode my phone after it’s been stolen even when I didn’t before it got stolen??

Afy
Afy
7 months ago

what if the thief has already created a password on the phone can i over ride that lock and issue another password using Android manager .

A Guy
A Guy
4 years ago

Does calling the phone allow me to receive the location of the phone?

DONNE
DONNE

Samsung s7 stolen was not even.out of the box yet how can I track my phone

Anonymous
Anonymous
4 years ago

Hey i my s7 edge is snatched by a thief in new delhi i did erase lock n ring alerts through gmail but how will i know he swtched on it or not do i will get notified …

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Anonymous

If you erase it all data goes away and you cant track it anymore .its like a new phone you never touched

stefanie dela cruz
stefanie dela cruz
3 years ago

is there any way i can locate my phone without a samsung account ? i tried the Android Device Manager but the location is unavailable. please help me 🙁 🙁

stefanie dela cruz
stefanie dela cruz
3 years ago

if the phone is turned off , will the ring device at full volume still work ??

stefanie dela cruz
stefanie dela cruz
3 years ago

but if i locked it through Android Device Manager, it’ll be locked right ?
and if they erase my gmail accnt ? can i still track my phone ?

stefanie dela cruz
stefanie dela cruz
3 years ago

oh my gosh ! good thing i didn’t erase my data. i still have the chance to track my phone.
if i locked it and put a message on it , is there any chance that someone could unlocked it ? i really want to get it back. 🙁

Mariana
Mariana
3 years ago

My S7 was stolen a few days ago. I immediatly tried to track it but the thief turned it off, so I entered to the Samsung website “find my mobile” and I wiped it out, my question is if the function “wipe it out” also erased my SD data?

Amrjeet

How can I find my s7 edge if the thief have reset it

natasha anderson
natasha anderson
3 years ago

My aunty has misplaced her Samsung galaxy s7 edge. Is there a way of her tracking her phone without setting up a Google accounot. If so can you please email me ASAP.

Rena
Rena
3 years ago

Hi I was wondering after you locate your Samsung, will it notify you like saying “you’re Samsung is being tracked by “so and so” please let me know!

ASI
ASI
3 years ago

Hello, My s7 I am pretty sure that is stolen too but the thief has some good skills i ve tried almost evyrithing and i did not find it. I have read most of the comments only i need is a confirmation. that means if the wipes the data from the hard reset and start using it is noway to find it or at least lock it so he can even use it anyway.and he will use it as it will be his with the new acounts.

ps my provider does not allowed to located by imei

Blia
Blia
3 years ago

I feel so bad for everyone here including my self. One of my patient stole my s7 edge last night right from my desk. Never lost or misplaced a cell phone in my life! I could afford another phone but the tons of pictures in my SD card and in the phone memory is priceless to me. How could these thieves be so cruel knowing they can’t use the phone anyways! I put a lock on if they ever turned on the phone again. But I’ll never see my nice pictures and videos again!

Papi
Papi
3 years ago

my samsung s7 edge was stolen and i was able to track it on same day on find my mobile then i went to report to the police, so i tried to track it again on Samsung Find my Mobile then it shows “No device registered” Does that mean my phone has been reset ? and can i still use Android Device Manager to track it even if they reset the factory ? and also how can the IME work to locate my phone?

Danny
Danny
3 years ago

My Samsung s7 was stolen last night. Am sure the battery is dead and have tried locating the phone via both android device manager and find my phone but both state the phone location can’t be currently found. I assume the phone has run out of battery. My question is when they turn the phone on will it then appear on these sites or can the thief prevent this from happening, I.e how can they perform a hard reset without getting onto the internet at which point won’t it then appear on these sites. Really appreciate any help as has… Read more »

Anonymous
Anonymous
3 years ago

Hi there I lost my Samsung Galaxy s7, and it was on airplane mode. My question is how can I track my phone.

kaavish
kaavish

Hi

I tried this but its works only when my wifi/data package is on – where there is not internet it does not work (Ps. my GPS remains on all the time)

can you help??

many thanks
Kaavish

lhen
lhen
3 years ago

Hi I lost my S7. What if the phone was hard reset by the culprit? Can I locate it?

Anonymous
Anonymous

hi
my Samsung S7 edge was stolen and i was try to find my mobile but i am not On that option, can you help for find out my phone

Paresh Iyer
Paresh Iyer
3 years ago

i am buying a sealed s7 from a person on facebook. How to check if it is not stolen and legit??

muzammil
muzammil
3 years ago

hai friends I am not able to find my phone galaxy s7 edge . my phone is off. can anybody help me to find the phone

Ajay Rawat
Ajay Rawat
3 years ago

I lost my Samsung s6 edge on metro now what ? I tried to lock it though find my app but I guess it’s not working there on my phone not able to find the location I just have on thing to say you put huge money on technology ,but why don’t you guys use your brain and put some effort on security as well if I somebody lost his phone no one can switch it off untill he put the password or varify his/ finger print no one can do the hard reset untill untill he put the email… Read more »

Walter North Europe
Walter North Europe
Reply to  Ajay Rawat

Yes, Why can somebody wipe the phone anyways or pull the SIM And put in an other… The security is then total nonsense. so make it that way that Locked stays locked till you have the right password or bring it to Samsung.

actually i think if somebody writes a decent APP with these features a lot of people will use it.

karina adams
karina adams
3 years ago

Hi, i was robbed last week thursday and my S7 was taken, it was still on, locked with my fingerprint lock. the thief actually asnwered a few of my calls, now its been off (i assume) since about 10am thursday, in the event they have managed to unlock and wipe, and inserted a new sim etc, would i b able to track? i noticed on samsung find my mobile something about notifying me if the sim has been changed..please advise.

cynthia madden
cynthia madden
3 years ago

hi I have lost my Samsung s7 and have lost my ime number for the phone to track it down, is there any other way I could locate it or track it down through google ?

Abdullah Akbar Shafi
Reply to  cynthia madden

You dont need IMEI number if you remember your Google Account or Samsung Account credentials (username/email and password)
Use these services mentioned in the article to locate it.

Walter North Europe
Walter North Europe
3 years ago

well it’s true for a customer but telephone companies can track the IMEI number on there network and even the cellular location. This is no science fiction anymore.. and even normal guys from the provider can use the tools and track it. they do have logs for some days … so dont wait to long.

They wont give it to you for security reason but if you know some friends or work for the police it is possible. Man even the police was standing in front of the officeto track down a lost child here phone and we helped. 🙂

Dan
Dan
3 years ago

Lost my Galaxy s7 in a pasture, google isn’t acknowledging it and Samsung says I have to have “Find my Device” set up on my phone already. I could really use a more efficient method if anyone has any suggestions, I’m all ears for the next hour or so.

Shrinivas Shaiwale
Shrinivas Shaiwale
3 years ago

Hi My samsung galxy S7 lost just now at 10:45 pm on 25 Nov 2017, it was snatched by bikers from my hand while on call. Now it is switched off. Tried Samsung find my mobile but it shows function will be executed when the device is connected to network.
Should i use option of “lock my device” now or once i do that then there is no chance of retreiving.

Bipin Puri
Bipin Puri
1 year ago

I lost my samsung galaxy s7 edge and it was not connected to net. Whenever I use find my device,it shows can’t reach device.Doesn’t it work when your phone is offline??