Good thing about AMOLED screen is that it does not uses power to display the black screen or you may call it the black pixels. Google now uses an ambient display notification that shows black & white shades of screen when a new text is received. So the Nexus 6 doesn’t makes the LED light to blink to indicate notification alert, like most of the phones.
Few people know that Nexus 6 has a notification LED, but the operating system is not configured to use it for notifications, I have compiled a guide on how to enable charging LED on Nexus 6.
Enable Charging LED on Nexus 6
Although the Android operating system has disabled the Charging LED on Nexus 6, but there is a app developed by renowned developer of Android. Which allows you to enable Charging LED on Nexus 6. Without further ado let’s move on to the guide:
- Rooted Nexus 6
- LED Control [ROOT]
Following is the step to step guide:
- First of all Install the above app LED control on your Nexus 6.
- Now launch the LED control app and grant it root access.
- Now Turn on the Master Switch, to enable the app.
- Now you have to select the trigger for LED light. There are number of options you can use it for. You can see it in the screenshot below.
- If you want it to use the LED light to turn on while your phone is on charging. Select the “While Charging“ option.
- You can also adjust the brightness/intensity of LED light using the slider on the interface.
That’s it, now next time you plug in your phone to charge, the notification LED with glow.
Using the free version whenever you boot your phone. you will have to enable this feature again. Although it’s not a hard thing to do. But if you purchase the pro version of LED control that costs $1 then you don’t have to enable it again after every restart.
That’s all from my side. If you have any query regarding how to enable charging LED on Nexus 6 let me know in the comments. You can also give us feedback in the comments.